Chicken pulao is an Indo-Pakistani dish majorly served in dinners and lunches. The pulao is cooked with basmati rice, chicken/mutton/beef, and spices, and is more like chicken biryani. Without wasting further time let’s start cooking this super easy dish today. Are you ready?
- 2 kg Chicken
- 1/2 kg finely cut tomatoes
- 4 pieces fried onions
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon Garlic/Ginger paste (depending on the availability or choice of a chef)
- 4 Lemons
- Salt according to your taste
- 1 Cup cooking oil/ghee whichever you prefer
- 4 cups sela rice
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 4 green chilies
- Additionally, you can add the following ingredients in order to spice things up coriander, cardamom, saffron, cloves and bay leaves. Most of these additional ingredients are part of mix Garam Masala.
- Blend onions, tomatoes, garlic/ginger and black pepper in a blender.
- Add deep cuts on chicken with a sharp knife; apply lemon juice and salt on chicken.
- Heat oil in a wok pan, fry chicken till it gets brown and remove.
- Add blended ingredients from step 1 in a wok pan, cook until oil separates.
- Add chicken and cook for a little while.
- Partly boil rice (2 kani tak ubalein) with green chilies, cumin seeds, salt, and black peppercorns in a separate saucepan and strain (Chaan lein).
- Grease a saucepan with cooking oil or ghee, layer it with half rice.
- Remove chicken from masala and place it on layered rice (step 7).
- Place remaining rice around chicken pieces and some on top of the chicken.
- Pour rest of the chicken masala all over rice.
- Sprinkle finely cut coriander, mint leaves and juice from remaining lemons.
- You are ready to serve your dish.
That’s all! Congratulations on cooking chicken pulao today. We hope this helped you a lot. If you have any questions leave the comment below.