Macaroni Cheese is a very quick and easy fix to a delicious side dish. Fancy, designer mac, and exotic cheese often cost a lot of money to prepare, but they aren’t always the best tasting. This recipe is cheap, easy to prepare and tasty. I hope you will enjoy it.
- 5 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 150g (1 cup) cashews
- 200g (1¾ cups) vegan mozzarella, cubed or grated
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 500ml (2 cups) boiling water
- 250g (2 cups) macaroni tubes
- ¼ tablespoon turmeric
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- ¼ tablespoon black pepper
- ¼ tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ tablespoon garlic powder
- 1½ tablespoon tapioca flour
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/392°F or Gas Mark 6.
- Half fill a pan with water, place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the instructions printed on the packet.
- Place the cashews into a blender with the boiling water and blend until smooth. Transfer the cashew cream to a large pan.
- Place the pan over medium heat and add the nutritional yeast, paprika, turmeric, chili, salt, and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
- Add the vegan cheese and mix until it has melted into the sauce. I find it easiest to do this using a hand whisk. Once the sauce is smooth, remove from the heat and add the tapioca flour to thicken the sauce. Stir until it’s smooth.
- Once the pasta has cooked, drain and tip into the sauce. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Pour the macaroni cheese into a heatproof dish, and bake in the oven for around 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown on the top.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven, and allow the dish to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Each serving contain 672 calories. I hope you enjoyed cooking Macaroni Cheese today. Let us know in the comments below how was your experience from preparation to serving and how tasty this dish was.