Prepare time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 50± minutes
Serves: 3-5 persons
- 750g floury potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 600g lean beef mince, 15% fat content
- 1 onion, peeled, diced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 small Golden Delicious apple, cored and finely diced
- a handful of mint leaves, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 1900C/Gas Mark 5.
- Parboil the potatoes in a large Saucepan Of salted, boiling water until tender to the tip Of a knife, about 15 minutes.
- Drain well and return to the saucepan they were cooked in, cooking over medium-low heat until dried out, about 2 minutes.
- Set off the heat to cool.
- Scrunch together the beef mince, onion, garlic, apple, chopped mint, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Divide and shape into meatballs, arranging them in a cast-iron pan that’s been lined with a round of parchment paper.
- Toss the potatoes with the olive oil and some salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange in and among the meatballs, bake the meatballs and potato wedges until both the meatballs and wedges are cooked through and well-browned, about 20-25 minutes; turn after 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool briefly before serving with a garnish of mint leaves.
The Meatballs and Potato Wedges Recipe is 100% Gluten-free, Sugar-free, Dairy-free and Egg-free. Each serving contains 422 calories, 14.9 gram fats, 4.4 gram saturates, and 34.3 gram protein.